We love Thai Green Curry. Well 5/6 of us do. Such flavor and ease of changing up a few things.
I go to the local Asian food store and buy 3-4 things. You may find them elsewhere, but usually are cheapest at the local Asian market.
- Green Curry Paste https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PZLXTB6/ref=oh\_aui\_search\_asin\_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 You can find it at local grocery stores like Publix or Whole Food in a small tiny jar made by Thai Kitchen, which is enough for 2 meals.
- Coconut Cream.
I insist on buying only Savoy Coconut Cream, which I can get for $2-$2.50 per can at my local Asian grocery store. It has NO preservatives. https://www.google.com/search?q=savoy+coconut+milk&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS809US809&oq=savoy+coconut+milk&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.3615j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
- Fish Sauce
Red Boat is considered the premium because it has only fish and salt. It is the most expensive. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Red-Boat-Premium-Fish-Sauce-40n/770291968
- Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce (Optional)
For the quantity I usually make which feeds 6 with some leftovers
– 2lb/1Kg Boneless Chicken Thighs cut to bite size pieces
– 2 Tablespoons of Green Curry Paste (over time you will figure how much more or less to your families level of hotness)
– 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
– 6 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
– 3 Cans of Coconut Cream
Three or Four of the Following:
– 1-2 Green Peppers (or Yellow) cut to bite size pieces
– 12-16oz of cut Broccoli, Frozen or Fresh
– 12-16oz Brussel Sprouts (Frozen) – Frozen Baby Brussels from Aldi work best size wise for us.
– 2-3 Carrots cut in circles a little thicker than an iPhone
– 1 Onion
– 1-2 cans of Bamboo shoots
– 8 or so stalks of Kale cut to bite size pieces
– Can of Artichoke
– 2-3 Tablespoons of Moringa Powder (Optional) to make it extra green and add amazing nutrition (I was disappointed to find I was out otherwise Moringa Powder would have been in yours)
– 3 Cups of Jasmine Rice thoroughly rinsed until water is clear and then cooked in rice cooker (Or cook rice how you would normally do it.)
– Sweet Chilli Sauce to taste on plate if you want (about 1/3 of the time for us or less)
Get Rice in Cooker going first
Cut/Chop any vegetables that are not bite size
Heat Wok or Pot on the stove (I use a soup pot most often now)
Add Coconut Oil and Green Curry Paste and stir fry for about 1 minute
Add Chicken and stir fry for about 10 minutes or until pretty well done.
Add Coconut Milk
Add Fish Sauce
Add Moringa Powder (optional)
Add Vegetables (except for Brussel Sprouts)
Bring to boil and cook for 20 minutes. Add Brussel Sprouts at about 10 minutes.
Serve over Rice with optional Sweet Chili Sauce
Hint: If you want to get meal done 10 minutes faster cook the chicken on one burner while coconut milk and veggies are heating up on the other, then add chicken to the coconut milk and veggies.