This is an improvement to our Allergen Free Pancake Recipe. This is possibly the best Pancake Recipe yet without Wheat, Egg, Soy, and Dairy.
We usually double the recipe for our family.
2/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose GF flour
1/3 cup Buckwheat flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda (see note below)
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon Applesauce (Motts Natural works fine. Gerber’s Baby Food works too just more expensive.)
1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or Canola Oil
1 Tablespoon Honey (see note below)
1 Cup water
Put griddle on Stove and turn on to Med to Med Hi. Mix dry ingredients with Wisk. Add Oil, applesauce, honey and then water. Mix thoroughly with wisk until everything is mixed well. The soda and baking powder will start working before done mixing. Pour by 1/3 to 1/4 cup on the griddle. When edges are dry flip. Top with pure Maple Syrup and enjoy.
Variation/Substitutes / Possible Changes
- Sprinkle EnjoyLife Allergen Free Chocolate Chips into pancakes as soon as they have been poured onto the griddle.
- Add 1 – 2 mashed ripe bananas to add banana flavor. In that case the Chocolate Chips cease to be optional.
- If not using Honey, consider dropping Baking Soda and increasing Baking Powder by 1/2 Tablespoon as there may not be enough acid for the Baking Soda, plus you may want to add a teaspoon or two of sugar though not necessary.
- 1 Tablespoon of Mashed Ripe Bananas (Gerber’s Baby Food is perfect) can be used instead of Applesauce but then also consider dropping Baking Soda and increasing Baking Powder by 1/2 Tablespoon as there may not be enough acid for the Baking Soda. 1 Tablespoon when used instead of the Applesause does not add much if any banana taste.
- Southwestern Skillet Supper
- Camera Works…